Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Canning Season. The book I read.

I read the book the The Canning Season by Polly Horvath. It was a good book and had many good parts in it. A few things that I like about the book was that it had a good plot line. It started off well and while in the rising action. As the book goes it has some turns, you wouldn’t guess that would happen but it does happen. Other parts that I like about the story is that it had great explanations and descriptions of the characters. As the story moves through out its plot, some things change. In many parts of the story it goes back to the original situation. I like how the author made all the the characters individuals but somehow they could all come together and be friends.


Some things I didn’t like about the book were that it gave a little to much detail to everything. I also didn’t like how the author made the girls mom in the story so mean and hateful towards the girl, but i guess that is just what make the book what it is. Anyways to elaborate on how she gives to much detail, she explains almost every detail of every. Sometimes it was a good thing but she almost described everything so it made the story even longer than it should’ve been. It was a good book overall though. 


Some of the things that I would change is maybe the book would be cool in first person, or subjective 3rd person. I would change some of the characters attitudes because they are to rude sometimes. I would change some of the events. I wouldn’t describe them as much. Even though she describes everything the story is still really good. Everything in the story wouldn’t be as good so I’m glad i can’t change anything.

No comments: